At Tenth Church, we want to love and serve our neighbors by promoting community in the heart of the city. We hosted a Gingerbread Tea in the fall of 2011, inviting children and caregivers in for coffee, cookies, and a Christmas celebration. We so loved having our neighbors over that we began a bi-weekly playgroup for caregivers and children. It was the joyous start of a joint community and as those little ones grew, parents have asked if we’d consider opening a preschool. We said, “Yes.” We want to continue collaborating together and were pleased to open a new preschool in September 2013.
Our preschool is creative, educational, nurturing, and full of music featuring:
• Curriculum that harnesses children’s natural love of music and movement to aid their cognitive and social development
• Hands-on exploration and immersion in a literature-rich environment crafted to help each child advance at his own pace towards kindergarten readiness
• Low teacher-child ratio to insure each child is encouraged, known, and celebrated
• School calendar that traces out the biblical narrative from creation to redemption
• Community events that help families develop relationships and provide mutual support
For more information about what makes our preschool program special, please see the description of our program.
A community of professionals in education, accounting, and ministry committed to the city and motivated by a desire to bring Tenth into greater connection with its neighborhood. They work under the oversight of the elders of Tenth Presbyterian Church and actively oversee the operation of the Preschool.
Tenth Presbyterian Church
For 185 years Philadelphians interested in Christ-centered community have gathered at Tenth Presbyterian Church. For more information about Tenth’s mission, vision, services, and activities, visit Tenth’s web site at www.tenth.org.